Monday, March 5, 2007

Recruitment Drive

In the 7 months since the move to Blogger not one person has clicked on the two adverts under Selling Out (bottom right, under the Archives, in case you're looking, which, let's face it, you haven't been so far). I know I could move the adverts somewhere else on the page, like to the very top, but I'm not really trying to make a living out of this, I just want to see what happens and I don't want to take up valuable top of the page real estate with commercial crap. So how do I solve this problem? Well, it's quite simple, I need to drive more traffic to the site. More traffic, more eyeballs, more chance of people spotting the ads, more chance of people being interested enough to click on them, more chance of me making enough money to buy a round of drinks at the gravity enabled space bar of the future in 2052.

Now, I could do this by writing one or more carefully crafted entries every day that are entertaining or funny or controversial or all three, slowly allowing word to get around about what a fun few minutes it is to visit here regularly, but I need instant gratification, plus, you know, I don't write too good. But fear not, for I have a cunning plan. I present you with gratuitous pictures of baby chickens for no reason at all! Tell your friends.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first glance, I thought your sleepy bird gave birth on your porch. I was totally excited for you, papa bird, but now it's all dashed to pieces.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I've clicked all your ads before. I also clicked them again after this post. In fact, I downloaded Picasa from clicking on your link a few weeks back. What do I have to do to get you to get paid? Do I have to actually "buy" something? Hmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Now if the birds were doing tricks or fighting with miniature helmets on then you've got interest.

Ian said...

Hmm, then Google owe me some money. Maybe I'll go log into my account again.

Ian said...

I'm not really trying to attract the fighting chickens crowd. I'm trying to attract the "Aw, wook at the wittle baby chwicken" crowd. The fighting crowd spend all their money on booze and gambling where as the chwicken crowd have lots of disposable cash to spend on whatever crap me and Google can flog them.