Friday, December 8, 2006

On The Road Again

It's my turn this time. Dang. Looks like the Christmas shopping is getting done at the airport again.
The M25. Wednesday 8:02AM GMT. An all too brief stop in the UK to change airports. On the bus from Gatwick to Heathrow, the other side of the road zooms on by. On the Clockwise side, we're at a complete stop. Again.

The view from seat 12J. BA075, shortly before takeoff, en route to Lagos with several hundred souls on board. Okay, heading back to Nigeria this close to Christmas isn't going to be fun, but at least I'm in business class. My company has a deal with Lufthansa, where we get cheap business class and that is usually the only time it's allowed. This is a short notice trip, booking the flight the day before I left meant my options were limited and almost everything was full, so I got to go BA. Excellent - "water, orange juice or champagne, sir?"

Vijay is clearly excited by his first visit to Africa. It doesn't matter where you are in the world though...you can call it a man-purse all you want, it's still a purse on this continent too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nigeria? Nigeria! Geesh.

Did you at least get to see some family or friends on your very fast UK layover?


P.S. tell Vijay "hello" for me!

Ian said...

Nope, was only in the UK for 5 hours. :-(