Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tropical Depression

Those two words don't really go together if you ask me. 'Tropical' conjures up images of palm trees and fruity rum cocktails and how can you be depressed about fruity rum cocktails?

Anyway, the depression formerly known as Tropical Storm Erin made landfall north of Corpus Christi and brought us a load of rain and some thunder:
Meanwhile the first Hurricane of the season, Dean, is going to enter the gulf tomorrow. We have a nice ridge of high pressure over us that should keep it South of us, it's probably going to whack the Yucatan and will hopefully then weaken to the point where it doesn't do much damage after that. Most models have it staying South of Houston, but maybe we'll stock up on cheese and water just in case.

3 comments:

Allison Horner said...

H-town was HORRIBLE today.

Man, I just barely made it out of the Med Center. Thank God I didn't end up on 288, which is what I had planned on taking home today. Phew!

Jen said...

This looks like serious business. I can't say that I miss the threat of hurricane-like weather, even if I miss most everything else.

Be safe!

Ian said...

Yeah, it was pretty nasty for a while. Galleria area was okay at lunchtime, but not many people ventured out. Hopefully the drive home will be fine, looks reasonable out my window now.

Hurricane weather is awesome, as long as they keep missing us. I hope we get free days off work again.