Friday, October 12, 2007

Landscaping

When Bruno asked us to host his leaving party in our back garden we knew we'd have to do a little bit of landscaping to accommodate his high standards. Unfortunately it rained for most of the day of his party and everyone, except four idiots who were playing volleyball in the pool, spent most of the party inside. Anyway, here's the new improved pool area:

The Oleanders in front of the pool equipment should grow in, also Nikki has planted a bunch of winter veg to the left of them, so it won't look as bare in a few months. The biggest difference is that we took down the trellis, which looked kind of ugly anyway.
Round the side of the house we had a big overgrown mess that was impossible to mow and turned into a mudbath every time it rained. Thankfully, that's no longer a problem.

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Vikki said...

Very nice landscaping, it looks lovely. You're flaunting your pool again; I'd almost forgotten about it and now you've reminded me. *jealous*

Allison Horner said...

I was going to say the same thing!

I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!

HMPF! I want a pool, too!!!

*Pout*

maybe at the next casa....

Anywho...looks great!

Ian said...

Oops, sorry. I was under instructions to post the landscaping pictures, but the boss took them, so it's really her that's flaunting the pool here. Although, as long as I'm taking the heat, I might as well earn it...I've got the day off, it's 82 degrees and I've just finished mowing the lawn, so I'm going to jump in it.

Jen said...

Wow! The beer looks fantastic!

:)

Love the new and very much improved look of the pool! Really, I do! Did you 2 do it or was there some hiring that went on? Either way, I need to come back to be a house pest . . . er. . . guest once again! [Looking for date(s) on calendar. . . will be in touch!]

Ian said...

We hired someone to do it. It took 5 professionals 3 weeks, so it would have taken us about 7 years.

Alex&Fi said...

Very nice job, I still maintain that if you'd flown Fi and I out for three weeks, put us up, fed and watered us we'd still have done it cheaper!

Jen, we'll have to synchronise diaries!

Ian said...

Cheaper? You're joking aren't you? Have you seen the price of gin recently?

m said...

Can I move in?

Ian said...

Depends whether you supply your own gin or not.

Alex&Fi said...

That's not fair, we bought our own 3 litre bottle of gin, I imagine you've still got it!

Ian said...

Now that you mention it, I think we do still have it.