Friday, March 28, 2008

In Other News...

It's yard work time around the house. Going to try to get some tomatoes in tomorrow so they'll be ready before the hot summer. We've also got to fill in the rest of the flower beds before we head for the UK next week, so this weekend, like last weekend, is going to be all about sorting out the garden. I also took the time to get the pool back in shape, but the 6lbs of chlorine I put in it over 3 days didn't deter the little fella in this photo. He seemed to like the cool of the skimmer basket and really didn't want to leave.


I did my best snake wrangler impression and got him out of there with minimal shuddering, jumping about and high pitched screaming.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jen said...

It's just a harmless little water moccasin snake viper cutie patootie. . .

Ian said...

Except mine was BIGGER!

Allison Horner said...

Umm. You screamed over that????

Did you see my snake story????

seriously dude. come on now.

;p

Ian said...

You're a professional though. I didn't scream, it was more a manly exclamation of shock and surprise. Anyway, my snake was much bigger than the photo makes him look.

shanksi said...

You call that a snake? Looks tiny to me. I thought everything was bigger in Texas.

So, what are you up to and how long are you in the UK for?

Bruce Lenorf said...

Oh my God, that hole filled with snakes...it totally looks like an Indiana Jones movie.

Ian said...

Shanks: We're over for a week and a bit, got Nikki's folks anniversary down south next Saturday then my cousin's wedding in Edinburgh the following weekend. It better warm up soon.

Bruce: Finally! Someone who understands the horror with which I was faced.