Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Blog Entry That Didn't Quite Work

It's tough on these mean streets you know. Sometimes I see something funny and the blog entry pops fully formed into my head and makes me chuckle, which is a good sign that everyone else will be amused and Nikki will roll her eyes in that adorable way that says 'I'm only not laughing because when I encourage you I get a deluge of puns that are nowhere near as hilarious as this one'.

Trouble is I'm mostly only armed with a 1.3 megapixel phone camera, with a lens covered in fluff and dust and other crap from my pocket, so when I see something funny it's hard to get a good photo of it. Especially when I'm driving down the freeway feeder at 45 miles per hour. Take this photo for example...
The sign says "NOW HIRING BOOKEEPER". Which I thought was pretty funny and would make a good basis for a post about an alternative career in ghost wrangling, but then the photo came out crap and if I didn't tell you what it said you'd have a hard time figuring it out and even if you did, your brain, which of course is smarter than the average brain, because you're here, would fill in the correct spelling of BOOKKEEPER and ruin the joke.

Oh, and hello Bruno!

3 comments:

shanksi said...

I loved that comic. For some reason, Vikki didn't find it quite as rib tickling - probably a boy/girl thing.

Ian said...

Yeah, I thought it was hilarious. No word yet on Nikki's reaction. I assume eye rolling will be involved though.

Jen said...

I laughed while rolling my eyes and thought, "We are no longer friends."